This Online Fire Extinguishers Course will guide you through all aspects of Fire Extinguishers, from the types of fires, to the classes of Fire Extinguishers. Our comprehensive course will explain in detail what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module. The course has been designed to teach you what you need to know to safely operate a fire extinguisher and understand what types of extinguishers can be used on what types of fires, as well as maintenance and fire safety, so by completing this course you can become a better educated worker and improve your knowledge of an important part in workplace safety.
After completion of this course you will be issued a certificate of completion.
Course Running Time: 2 hours
After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- What is the ‘Fire Triangle”?
- What are the different classes of fires?
- How to use and maintain the different types of fire extinguishers
- How to prevent fires from starting and spreading
Key Points on Fire Extinguishers:
- Fire Extinguishers are divided into types based on the fluid/chemical they dispense
- Anyone working with Fire Extinguishers needs to understand each class of fire
- Not all Fire Extinguishers are effective on different classes of fires
- All employers should show diligence in ensuring workers are Fire Extinguisher trained
- Fire Extinguishers must be inspected monthly by a trained and competent individual